Baltimore | Coppermine Fieldhouse
Adventure X-Treme Camp Overview
Coppermine has curated a thrilling week of exciting off-site destinations and activities! Campers will have a memorable experience enjoying the great outdoors and making new friends along the way. Each day brings an X-Treme Adventure from paddle boarding on the Chesapeake, tubing on the Gunpowder and Harpers Ferry, high ropes courses, indoor climbing, and a trip to Guppy Gulch water park! Campers must be available for the
FULL DAY 9:30-4:00PM – no late arrivals or early dismissals. Destinations do repeat throughout the summer.
Campers will be transported to/from the various destinations.
1400 Coppermine Terrace
Baltimore, MD 21209
BEFORE + AFTER CARE AVAILABLE
Adventure X-Treme Camp Quick Facts
AWAY WE GO! Registered campers will be shuttled from our Coppermine location at 1400 Coppermine Terrace, Baltimore 21209 off of Falls Road to the different locations each day and return for pick up.
Campers should be at Coppermine by 9:30am each morning. We will be back each afternoon by 4pm*.
*Please note that the above times may vary based on the individual excursions. Please do not plan any appointments or activities that your child may be late for if we return later in the afternoons. Times will be emailed closer to summer starting but we ask for your flexibility during the camp week. No late arrivals or early dismissals.
EXTENDED CARE: Early drop-off begins at 7:30am. Late stay pick up is by 5:30pm.
DESTINATIONS: Parents will receive detailed schedules closer to June but a few of the activities include:
Tree Trekkers High Ropes Courses | Climbing + Team Building + Swimming at Coppermine Meadowbrook Swim Club.
Stand Up Paddle & Water Sports | Stand up paddle + Water Activities (will need shoes that can get wet)
ClimbZone | Indoor Climbing Center + Team Building + Swimming at Coppermine Meadowbrook Swim Club
Guppy Gulch Water Park + Swimming
Main Event | Laser Tag | Virtual Reality Games | Interactive Activities + Swimming
Tubing on the Gunpowder or Harpers Ferry | Water Tubing + Swimming
Activities may change slightly from week to week but because of the popularity campers do visit Guppy Gulch, Tree Trekkers, Climb Zone and go tubing frequently throughout the summer.
HEALTH CHECK: Please no sick children or campers getting over colds. We are taking all measures to keep all children and staff healthy and well at camp. If your child takes medication during the day, please make sure you have proper documentation from your physician and that all medication is in its original packaging.
GEAR: Please send your child with a bathing suit each day and a towel.
- Backpacks-children need to carry their backpacks throughout the day, so make sure it is made of a lightweight material.
- Lunches-lunches need to be disposable or packed in a lighter lunch box (insulated lunch bags are great) and contain food that does NOT need refrigeration, feel free to include an ice pack. Please no dairy items. Please be sure your child has a lunch each day. We have hand sanitizer, soap and water and bathrooms at all locations, but you may want to pack a small on-the-go hand sanitizer bottle!
- Water Bottles-Please make sure children have a labeled water bottle each day. We will refill as needed.
- Rain Gear-camp is rain or shine! (unless severe storms)
- Shoes– Please make sure children have comfortable shoes, NO flip flops. We will be walking throughout each day. (please no brand-new clothes or sneakers) Shoes may or will get wet. Some type of shoe that can get wet is preferred. Water shoes are perfect!
- Behavior-if children are having difficulty behaving, listening or have an issue staying with the group or following directions, parents will be called to pick up their child. We have lots of fun activities planned and want to make sure every child has the best experience each day. We do not have the ability to give children numerous warnings, safety is our top priority off site, therefore having the child picked up is what will be asked.
- Sun Needs– Please provide spray sunscreen and a hat if needed for your child. APPLY SUNSCREEN PRIOR to the day starting! Please encourage your child to reapply sunscreen throughout the day – we will remind them as well. They also may want a rash guard to prevent sunburn out on the water.
- Clothing– We walk each day so keep in mind very comfy clothes. Please pack or wear a bathing suit and bring a towel every day!
- Severe Weather– If severe weather occurs while out, we will seek shelter at each of the locations. If severe weather is happening before camp, check your email and our Facebook page for weather related updates. Please note we may need to adjust destinations based on weather but will let families know of any changes.
- Medications– Should your child require medication each day, you will need to supply this first thing on Monday morning. Please label all items. If your child is not feeling well or sick, please do not send them to camp.
SAFETY & BEHAVIOR: Coppermine is committed to making our camp environment safe and fun for everyone. All campers and their parents are asked to read and sign our Code of Conduct Agreement to demonstrate their understanding of, and compliance with, Coppermine’s expectations from every child. We urge you to review the information closely with your child. In keeping with the philosophy of maintaining a positive experience for our campers and to ensure the safety of each child, we have a no tolerance policy for extreme actions, words, or behaviors.
CAMP POLICIES: Coppermine will offer the following policies for the upcoming summer:
If for any reason Coppermine is required to close due to state and local guidelines for COVID, families will receive a full refund for any unused weeks. If a camper is no longer able to attend camp for any reason:
Prior to May 1st families are provided with a full refund. May 1st – September 1st families are provided with an in-house Coppermine credit for the tuition paid for the unused weeks (expires 1 year) less the $100 non-refundable deposit and a 10% processing fee.
REFUNDS & CREDITS: No refunds or credits will be issued for participants who do not contact Coppermine to cancel by the above dates or who do not attend their registered weeks. Coppermine requires seven days’ notice throughout the summer for cancellations for the above policies to apply prior to their registered week. If a camper is dismissed for disciplinary reasons the above dates and policies apply.
Non-payment of balances will result in loss of reservation and non-refundable deposit.
REMINDER: All credit cards on file will be charged on May 1st and all camp balances are due at that time. Please email email@example.com with any changes or questions (including adjusting camp weeks, adding camp weeks, adding AM or PM care) as we do not take changes over the phone.
All changes and requests are required to be in writing for us to provide the most accurate service possible. Please submit all changes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to celebrate summer with you and your family! We love kids and the opportunity to make an impact on their lives through encouragement and positive reinforcement while filling their summer days with FRIENDS & FUN!